Sunday, May 2, 2010

New news isn't always good news

Weeeeeeeeeeell. As you all know I have battled and kept the positive attitude and still am in the trenches trying to fight off this nasty thing. We had thought that the worst was behind us and that the best was yet to come but I have more to fight before I can state that.

We can start with the good news. My leg bypass was a great success and am recovering great from it. I can get my leg a little straighter and Kristyn, mother, PT lady, and myself are working to get my leg straight. I am hoping that by middle end of may I should be walking with a limp which I can't tell you how much of an accomplishment that will be. Just being able to walk will make me an easier problem for everyone to deal with.

Now on to the news that some know but not all. My tumors have moved to my brain. Yeah I know I don't have much up there to start with but the dear old cancer thing has decided to go upstairs and now I have to deal with that. The way we are going about that is called full brain radiation. I have 14 tumors so this method should kill all the cancer in my brain. I am going to U of M hospital to see what clinical trails I can maybe try to better my chances at this game of life. Sorry it too long to update this but as you can tell I been dealing with some things that are bigger than me. Love you all.


Scott

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you walk, Scotty. You are an amazingly strong person and it comes through beautifully in your writing. Cancer picked the wrong person to mess with and I can't wait until the day you are cancer free! Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your positive attitude is both amazing and inspiring. It is great to hear that your leg is getting better - sending positive vibes to you and your brain! Those 14 tumors are going to be sorry they ever tried to mess with you ... Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about you and Kristyn everyday and I can't find the words to begin to express my sorrow and sadness. You have both found each other and I want you to enjoy many days and years ahead. Love you both and always crossing my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The news about your successful leg surgery is what we all have wanted to hear, thanks for the update and please keep up the good work. The news of the brain tumors is just another obstacle in your full recovery. Please keep us posted on the University of Michigan treatments. If you need a ride to AA for anything, I'm available, just call. Please do not let any of this change who Scott is....We love you for who you are...we are all pulling for a full recovery and some celebrations yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, another big challenge for you! But I have only seen you attack these challenges with dignity and poise!! What an incredible son in law we are getting. Keep up the good fight, we will all help you through this!

    ReplyDelete